Concrete Deck Around In Ground Pool Shifting

Old 03-18-09, 04:45 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Concrete Deck Around In Ground Pool Shifting

We re-lined our in ground pool about two years ago. At the same time we had the concrete decking surrounding the pool ripped out and redone. After a cold hard winter the decking surrounding the pool is now tilting inwards toward the pool. One part of the deck is edging up against the lawn and one part up against interlocking brick.

I know we won't know for sure until the ground thaws, but is this a just a temporary shifting which will correct itself or do we need to worry?

Any input is appreciated! Thanks.

Old 03-18-09, 04:59 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
I doubt very much it's temporary and I doubt it will correct itself. It's sounds like the ground wasn't compacted enough and it sunk.

Old 03-18-09, 05:40 PM
J
Arrg! We've had nothing but trouble with that deck. I couldn't be more unimpressed with the company that did it. We're still waiting for them to come back and make the promised repairs.

I'm guessing that at this point there little we can do about that...besides ripping it out and starting over. (and that is so not happening)

Old 03-19-09, 05:05 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
If it's really that bad and the company isn't making good on promised repairs, file a complaint with the Dept Of Consumer Affairs.

You may only have to remove part of it to fix it.

Old 03-21-09, 05:15 PM
J
Thanks for your input Pulpo. At this point it's not too bad. Unfortunately the company has not come back to do repairs that were needed immediatly following the work. I think they have closed down and reopened under another name so we're pretty screwed on that front. At this point anything we do is either up to us or we have to use another company (which honestly is not really tempting).

Old 03-21-09, 06:43 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
If you want to post some pics, maybe we can give you an easy way to repair it. Make some wide angle shots and some close.

Old 03-24-09, 04:25 AM
J
I will defintely take you up on that Pulpo! Ironically, my camera is in for repairs right now and am waiting for it's return (not a real lucky month!). Once I get it I will take those pics and post them.

Thanks!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: