Best way to fill "dips" in an asphalt driveway

Old 04-11-09, 07:34 AM
I
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Best way to fill "dips" in an asphalt driveway

The past 2 winters here have raised hell with my asphalt driveway. I have "sunken dips" in the driveway where I park my truck. I have tried parking it in slightly different spots to reduce the amount it "sinks". Unfortunately, I only have a limited amount of space to move it around. What is the best way to level off (or fill in) these dips? I was thinking portland cement but that would probably crack and break up and get caught in my snowblower? Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Old 04-11-09, 02:16 PM
T
sorry, Indy. I dont know much about asphalt. I am guessing, however, that you will have to cut the sections out, repack them udnerneath and reseal it.

I have also seen bags of asphalt filler you can use for potholes and such in the hardware store, but I dont think they will have a seal on them so when it gets really hot out, you might get it on your tires.

Old 04-18-09, 01:21 PM
N
Indypower, try a google search with terms such as:
asphalt repair
cold patch asphalt repair
concrete asphalt
and so on.

Newt

Old 04-20-09, 09:31 AM
K
Your problem is limited or no "base" material underneath. TheCaptain is correct. You will need to cut out the low spots and establish a packed base or your problem will persist.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: