Can you help me choose the brick color? :)

Old 04-24-09, 11:13 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Can you help me choose the brick color? :)

Hi guys

I'm new here and this is my very first post. I was wondering if you are able to help me decide an exterior color scheme for our new house, in particular the brick, mortar, roof and guttering.

Look forward to your replies.

Mia

Old 04-24-09, 11:20 PM
B
Here is the "outline" of the house, the middle bit is indented:

Old 04-25-09, 07:37 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Colors are a personal preference but I would probably go for red brick, black roofing shingles & white gutters. Contrast is the key to color schemes.

Old 04-28-09, 11:13 AM
S
i like earth tones - like tan with red accents - for bricks. dark gray or brown fascia and gutters, dark gray or brown shingles. lighter brown or gray for doors and other painted surfaces.

mortar should be standard gray. i know it's plain jane, but if you have to tuck point, replace, add on, or repair in the future, your mason won't mismatch the colors, which appear to have no set standard from decade to decade.

oh, and choose a standard brick size and color for your area for the same reason. imported and odd runs of bricks might look nice, but if you want to add on, they might not be available in the future.

Old 04-29-09, 02:52 AM
B
Thank you both.

Which one of these do you think looks best?

[size=200]1[/size]

[size=200]2[/size]

[size=200]3[/size]

[size=200]4[/size]

[size=200]5[/size]

Old 04-29-09, 08:30 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
I like the one on top but you could always use the black garage door with it, instead of the white. I would also match the trim around the entrance door to it. The maroon clashes.

Old 05-01-09, 07:51 AM
S
i agree with pulpo on the first one. make the row locks and picture frame bricks the same color as the rest of the field. imho, the two-color brick scheme to accent the trim work is a little tacky.

however, the two-color brown and white is not bad. but i'd go a tint lighter on the brown bricks, or a shade darker on the white bricks, and lessen the contrast.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: