uneven stone patio

Old 05-26-09, 10:26 AM
J
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
uneven stone patio

previous homeowner built a flagstone patio, set in mortar..the patio is very uneven, hence, difficult to use..can i do a levelling course of concrete/other material to level the surface?

i'd prefer not to cover too much of the stone, because it is pretty, but very uneven..are there any transparent alternatives to a concrete levelling course?

Old 05-26-09, 10:46 PM
previous homeowner built a flagstone patio, set in mortar..the patio is very uneven, hence, difficult to use..can i do a levelling course of concrete/other material to level the surface?

i'd prefer not to cover too much of the stone, because it is pretty, but very uneven..are there any transparent alternatives to a concrete levelling course?
How can you have it both ways??? first paragraph mentions leveling with concrete. Is this going to float in the air or go OVER the patio to level it. Then you mention
i'd prefer not to cover too much of the stone,
So how is that not going to happen.

Are you talking about the mortar joints in between the flag stone are not full joints flush to the top surface of the flagstone??

So whats the real point here I'm confused.. To Lee a patio is from below or above in materials. Above covers the stone.

Old 05-29-09, 10:33 AM
J
uneven patio

and i'm confused by the confusion..the surface of my stone patio is uneven..because the stone is not flat, i can see the difficulty in making a flat surface, but i find the inconvenience of an irregular surface renders my patio largely unusable..so, my question is, is there a way to make the surface flat?

certainly, a levelling course of cement would do that, but it would cover most of the stone..is there any kind of transparent material i could pour or place to smooth out the surface?..or am i stuck with either covering most of the stone with a concrete topping or simply removing it and starting over?

finally, if i wind up trying to put a levelling course of cement, can i ensure this thin top course bonds with what's below it?

Old 08-24-12, 03:19 PM
B
Did you ever get an answer to this? I have the same issue

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: