Getting Oil Stain off of Garage Floor????

Old 05-28-09, 04:48 PM
K
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Getting Oil Stain off of Garage Floor????

I would like to clean a large oil stain off of a garage floor. The floor has never been painted or sealed. Just concrete. I have heard of using coke cola, oil dry, one person said a pressure washer. I don't think a pressure washer alone is going to do it.

Does anyone have any suggestions of things that they have either used themselves or seen used that will do this job? thanks

Old 05-28-09, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Plenty of options...OSR available at Lowes I think works very well. A lot depends on how long its been there and what it is..oil, trans, brake fluid?

Anyway..the OSR worked fine for me..actually left the concrete a little lighter than the unstained stuff...but grinding some clay cat litter into the whole area eveneg it out.

Old 05-29-09, 03:47 AM
K
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Thanks a lot. In reference to your response what if it was transmission fluid? Same thing?

Old 05-29-09, 05:38 AM
Super Moderator
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
I think you may need more than one application for trans fluid. And you need to let it dry completely, depending on humidity and temperature that could take a full day.

Someone told me (possibly on here) you can also take dry portland cement and put a layer over the stain...let it sit for several days..then sweep it up. Might be worth trying..its pretty cheap.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: