Foundation Repair Build-up

Old 06-01-09, 09:57 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Foundation Repair Build-up

I have been repairing the foundation of my house. It was built in the 1940's. I need to smooth the concrete prior to applying the peel n' stick membrane. The only problem with that is the upper portion of the foundation that is below grade has a large ledge (2"-12") that sticks out. Other than hammering the ledge off does anyone have an opinion of my options for dealing with this?
Thank you

Old 06-01-09, 05:54 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
If it's the same membrane that I've used on a lot of jobs, it will bend & you can install it the way you would carpet on stairs.

Old 06-02-09, 07:45 AM
B
Do you think I may need to build a frame under the lip to smooth the concrete in that area? it is extremely rough. the topping bond mix I'm using takes a while to grab hold. there would be lots of air pockets on the upper portion of the membrane of i was to put it on. i guess it all depends on how flexable the material is.
Thank You

Old 06-02-09, 12:45 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
I don't think a frame is needed. I don't know what mix you have but we used to use something along the lines of roofing tar & a white liquid we called la leche because it looked like milk.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: