Nicolock paver patio: replace wood border?

Old 06-02-09, 05:37 AM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Nicolock paver patio: replace wood border?

So moved into new house about 1.5 years ago, which has a pretty large Nicolock paver (probably 6x6" squares) patio in the backyard. The pavers are sitting on a concrete slab. Around the perimeter of the patio, there is a border of wood 2x4's bolted down into the top of the concrete slab. So this wood border is holding the pavers into place. The previous owner planned to screen in this entire porch as there were bolts sticking up out of the wood border for the screenwalls to be bolted to; I have cut these off to make them flush with the wood due to the safety hazard of these sticking out. The wood is now starting to buckle in places so looks like crap, plus it is wood so really takes away from the look of the nice pavers.

I want to rip the wood up, but obviously need to do something to hold the pavers in place as well as cover the now approx 4" concrete slab that is showing. This approx 4" border is not uniform around the entire patio either it seems, but close.

So one idea I had was to rip the wood up and get additional matching pavers to put down around the border, keeping them in place with some mortar. This would now be both functional and eye pleasing. But if I do this, I guess the pavers would need to be cut to fit? Possible?

So what are anyone's thoughts on my initial idea and does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks in advance!!

Old 06-02-09, 10:20 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
pick out some pavers for the border and lock them in place with some construction adhesive. Liquid NailsŪ - Landscape Block, Stone & Timber Adhesive (low-VOC) (LN-905)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: