Eldorado or Coronado Stone Wall Caps

Old 07-01-09, 01:31 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Eldorado or Coronado Stone Wall Caps

l will be capping my concrete block courtyard walls and columns with either Coronado or Eldorado Stone Wallcaps and flagstone postcaps. What is the best way to affix them to the concrete block? Mortar? Brick Adhesive? Any expert advice will be greatly appreciated.

I am also veneering the columns with the Eldorado stone veneer and not sure whether to attach my metal gate and fences to the stone veneer or directly to the concrete block and veneer the product around them.

Old 07-16-09, 05:03 AM
I would set the flagstone and the cultured stone caps in mortar, then rake the head joints out about 3/8", if any, and caulk with a quality caulk color matched to your mortar. The caulk allows a little movement in the horizontal joints and prevents water from seeping into the wall from between the caps.
The gate needs to be anchored to the block behind the stone. Did you fill the cells that the gate anchors to? If not you can layout the gate supports before you cover the block, remove the face of the block one course above and fill through this opening patching the hole afterwords.

Good luck
Vince

Old 07-16-09, 10:17 AM
S
Thanks for the great advice.

Yes, I did fill the cells with concrete. I plan on using concrete expansion anchors to affix the gate post at the ground into the concrete walkway and at the top into the concrete block. Thanks again,

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: