pavers against basement window

Old 07-04-09, 06:21 AM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
pavers against basement window

I am going install a paver patio behind the house. With patio starting at the back of the house there is a basement glass block window at ground level. For proper pitch it would be higher than the window sill by a third of the window. what should I do around this window? Don't need a window well it doesn't open.
Also is masonary sand a good base? how many inches?
thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-09, 09:38 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
What is there now? Is it just dirt or grass? Is the ground higher than the window now? Normally, you would dig down 8 inches or so, then use a layer of gravel or crushed recycle, then some some fine sand. Some people mix the sand with Portland & others don't.

Old 07-05-09, 06:15 AM
W
pavers against window

I've cleared away the grass and am ready to dig. with 12ft. from the wall it would have to be at least 1 3/4 in. differnce. I also have a driveway adjacent to it too. Driveway is the same hieght as window. Can I start above above the window sill and suround it with bricks so I won't have the other end way too low?

Old 07-05-09, 04:41 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
You can start wherever you want but you should setup string lines on stakes (rebar is good). That way you have the height mapped for you from one end to the other.