ICS Foundation

Old 07-05-09, 02:15 PM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ICS Foundation

Hi!

I have an ICS foundation in my new home. The contractor placed treated pressed 4x8 sheet board on the outside perimeter of the foundation prior to backfilling. I now notice that the wood is rotting and ants seem to be attracted to the wood. Can anyone tell me what the reason would be to line the outside perimeter of the foundation with wood and is this a normal practice ... is it necessary? Thanks!

Neil

Old 07-05-09, 02:26 PM
Bricks, Masonry, Asphalt and Concrete > ICS Foundation

Never heard of something as bizaar as that.

The Canadian government does have some strange habits of forcing wood to be used where it should not be.

Is this a code requirement or a preference by the contractor?

Is this really an ICF foundation and not an ICS foundation? The foam used on the ICF foundations is not really the best, but it is certainly better than wood.

Dick

Old 07-05-09, 04:22 PM
N
Thanks for the comments. You're right, it's an ICF and not an ICS (typo...) foundation. I have made a complaint to the contractor about the wood and I just wanted to do my homework and see if there might be a good reason to explain why the wood was placed there in the first place. This is pressed wood so you can imagine what happens when it gets wet ... it expands and rots. I'll let you know what explanation the contractor provides. Thanks again.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: