Concrete Driveway

Old 07-29-09, 06:48 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Concrete Driveway

Within the next month or so, we are going to paint the driveway, but first there are areas where the old paint has chipped away, I/we are beginners and want to know the link or website on how to do this from beginning to end. What to use, do we patch the areas or just pour concrete over the patches, etc.

Thank you

Old 07-30-09, 06:41 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
You can't just pour concrete over chipped spots in the driveway. It will never hold. I'm not a fan of painting cement. I would rather remove the paint with a strong pressure washer & fix any damaged spots. However, if I can't change your mind, look for some videos on youtube.com
Search for painting concrete.

Old 07-30-09, 06:48 PM
P
I agree with Pulpo on this one. I think painting concrete is the worst thing you can do to it (besides covering it with indoor/outdoor carpet, that is). It may look nice for a year or two, but then it starts chipping/flaking and you've got a continuing maintenance nightmare.

Old 07-31-09, 05:41 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 408 Votes on 364 Posts
I also agree. I'd use a paint stripper and pressure washer to remove the existing paint and then patch any cracks/voids. If you want color on the concrete, consider using a concrete stain. Most will wear away as opposed to peeling. I've had good results with the H&C line of concrete stain available at SWP.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: