Name/Examples of Brickwork Style

Old 08-31-09, 02:13 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Name/Examples of Brickwork Style

I have a brick house built ~1933 which has random bricks that "pop out" or are elevated from the rest of the surface that kind of resemble a climbing wall (my father jokes that it makes it more convenient for cat-burglars).

Does anyone know what the name of this particular style of brickwork is called? Are there any good examples of homes with this type of brickwork or any advice on how to landscape consistent with this look?

Old 08-31-09, 08:18 PM
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,304
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
It is often used to make a Diapper style pattern. It is also called leaving a brick "proud", so there are a couple of terms you can use to search. It is more common in England and on cottage styles.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: