Concrete Patio & stairs

Old 09-30-09, 02:46 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Concrete Patio & stairs

I am having 6' width, 7" rise @ 7steps with an approx 12'by12' pad poured at the top. The steps & the patio are directly against the house.
I was planning on tieing into the block of the house at multiple areas using rebar on both pad & stairs, should it be epoxied in to avoid possibly leaking?
I plan on using expansion board between the patio & the wall, should I also do this on the steps? If so how? Not sure if it will look ok with expansion joints showing.

Thanks

Doug

Old 10-22-09, 05:56 AM
D
Doug,

I can't contribute much, but your posting has been up a while with no reply and I thought almost no info. is better than nothing.

I don't know if you should tie your patio to your house. However, if you do, you will need to epoxy the anchors and/or rebar into holes in your existing foundation. Simpson makes an appropriate epoxy and it is available at Home Depot.

Hope this is of some use.

Cheers,
Don

Old 11-21-09, 09:35 AM
S
Cement stairs

You can build reusable concrete formwork with an adjustable stair system. EZ Stairs makes one and it's very easy to use.
How To Build Stairs | interior stairs, deck stairs, concrete stairs- Make it Easy With EZ Stairs.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: