How-To: Lay Pavers in Wet Concrete ?

Old 11-23-09, 03:37 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How-To: Lay Pavers in Wet Concrete ?

Hi,

We have a small paving project with 2 courtyards (~ 25sqm each). We have brought some 400x400 sandstone pavers (~20mm thick) for the job.

I once saw my dad lay pavers directly into wet concrete (direct from a ready-mix truck), this seemed like a quick and easy way to do the job with seemingly the following benefits:
- No weeds
- No movement
- Little Preparation

It obviously comes with these downsides...
- Permanent (Cannot move/change later on)

The questions I have is ...
Process ... is there any good documentation on the process for doing this type of job directly into wet concrete ? ... ideally a you-tube video would be great.

Any thoughts / suggestions appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-09, 10:03 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Some people use a wet mix around the border. It's over kill otherwise.

Old 12-15-09, 07:17 AM
M
Laying pavers

OK. I've done this many times before using both pavers and different types of stone. It is a little overkill however in answering your question , What you probably never noticed with your Dad is he might have had everything prepared before hand . You should layout your project prior to pouring the conc. Taking measurements , making your cuts etc. All prep work should be done beforehand . When you lay the material you have to be deadly . You have a little bit of time before the conc. sets it's just a pain in the butt to have to go back and fix something. Use a line , as I see too many young fellas today trying to build freehand and theyr'e not that good yet to produce a quality job