concrete driveway

Old 12-01-09, 04:27 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
concrete driveway

Hello, I have a concrete driveway with exposed aggregate and its cracked, with worn out patches with the pebbles loose or like sand i wanted to know the best way i could repair it, or fill it thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-09, 02:25 AM
P
That's a tough one. There's really nothing I know of that will work for exposed agg. I've repaired little patches of it on a covered porch by applying super glue to the popouts and then broadcasting pea gravel followed by sand. Then I broomed off the excess and followed up with a high-solids acrylic sealer to help lock it all in and enhance the color.
As I said, it was a small area and not prone to vehicle traffic. I don't think there's much to do on a driveway short of a tearout and re-do. Oh, and never use salt or chemical de-icers on concrete or it will destroy the top layer just like what you are seeing.

Old 12-03-09, 04:03 AM
P
Another thought would be to use a two-part epoxy resin to bind new pebbles to the surface. I don't think it would match very well though.

Old 12-12-09, 09:08 PM
J
I would agree with the previous 2 posts, not much else you can do.

Old 12-17-09, 02:54 AM
J
Well to avoid relaying the concrete you can use certain polyurethane products like Flexset for repairing the patches.

Old 12-17-09, 07:01 AM
M
Driveway patchup

Not being too much into conc. work I've done patchup work possibly similar to yours . There are products on the market at most home building stores that should help you out with the small patches . Read the instructions on the bag , as some of these products set up very quick . For the larger cracks & holes you may have to mix up some conc. ( you can buy that in bags now just add water) . I use a bonding agent with the water when mixing & brush it on the surface to be patched. The pea gravel is a good idea to add to your mix on larger areas .Remember , it's just a patch without having to tear out your whole driveway.If the cracks & holes are too extensive tearing it out may be your only option.