DIY small swimming pool

Old 01-25-10, 09:33 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DIY small swimming pool

Thinking about putting a small in-ground pool in the backyard. Small as in we are not kids anymore so diving and cannonballs are no longer necessary Looking at about 10'x20'x3-4' deep at the most. Just something to cool off in basically. Much like this:

I know I can dig the hole and do all the plumbing requirement. How tough would it be to plaster or texture the bottom and sides? I have done concrete finish work before so I'm "somewhat" familiar with mud. I know this is a whole-nother ball game but just thought i'd throw it out there. DIY disaster in the making?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-10, 04:35 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
As a general rule, I'd say that this is well beyond the scope of a DIY project, as any larger concrete project usually is. However, everyone has different capabilities. I'd check first to see about permits and insurance though. Would you be able to get either one since you're not a licensed contractor and plumber? It would be a shame to actually build a good, working pool and then find out you need to remove it because of licensure or un-insurability.
Good luck.

Old 01-26-10, 04:55 AM
Received 8 Votes on 8 Posts
You can buy the kit from in the swim. Looks very easy.