Need help with Ramp to my shed

Old 05-17-10, 12:28 PM
SBI
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Need help with Ramp to my shed

Hello,

I have a 8'X8' shed which is about 5" above the ground and 1.5-2' from the driveway.
I currently have a ramp that I built from PT board, but it seems that the ramp either expended up and now pressing on the shed's doors from the bottom, or worse yet - the shed sunk ...although I don't think that's the case.
I want to replace the ramp with either concrete or some kind of paver blocks.
Can anyone give some advise what/how to do it? Is there something on the web I can look at?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-10, 02:02 PM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
Dig down 2" between the shed and drive way. Obtain a piece of 3/4" plywood 24"X9". At each end make a mark 2" in from the edge on opposite sides and draw a diagonal line between them. Then cut along the line. You should now have two triangles 7" high on one end and two inches high on the other. Use these for the sides to form your ramp. Drive a couple of stakes on each side and screw the forms to the stake. Put a piece of cardboard at the back to prevent the concrete from touching the shed. If there is open space you may need to put a couple of bricks or boards behind the cardboard.

The concrete should be mixed with a relatively low slump that is thick. You may want to add a couple of 3/8" rebars each direction. Not sure if the pros would approve but I have also used hog wire or 1/2' hardware cloth as reinforcement. What ever scrap was lying around in other words.

Note you weren't precise with some of your measurements and I had to guess at one so if the distance to the drive way is not two feet alter the length of the plywood accordingly. If the driveway is not flush with the ground add double that amount to the plywood width.

Old 05-17-10, 03:55 PM
SBI
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks ray2047. This definitely gives me an idea of how to approach this.