asphalt drive way question

Old 06-18-10, 09:21 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
asphalt drive way question

I started to seal my driveway and realized that I don't have enough containers of sealant and had to stop halfway through. It got dark and now I have to finsih the drive tomorrow. How do I continue where I left off without having marks from the previous days work? Also, I can see some lap marks on what I did do so far, I followed the cans directions to a tee but I still see some lap marks. Is this unavoidable or is there a way to fix it? Can I use a roller on it to smooth it out? thanks for any help

Old 06-19-10, 05:11 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
[B]just pickup where you left off & don't be so critical after you drive on it for a m onth, you'll forget all about it,,, squeegee technique might need some improvement but not a big problem.

always work from a wet edge & you won't leave the marks,,, just takes time,,, if you want to backroll it, it won't damage the sealcoat - you'd be the 1st i've ever heard of doing so, tho

Old 06-19-10, 05:15 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 722 Upvotes on 633 Posts
How are you applying the sealer? it's best to pour some out on the asphalt and then spread it with a squeegee.

I suspect the lap marks were cause in part by either a very porous driveway [needed sealing long ago] or applying in the hot sun [causing it to dry super fast] Unless the drive really needs another coat the lap marks should fade away some as it dries/wears. Rolling a light coat of sealer over those areas should make it less noticeable.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: