New Driveway , soft asphalt!

Old 06-21-10, 06:25 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
New Driveway , soft asphalt!

I just had my driveway redone by a licensed contractor. there are a lot of soft spots in the asphalt, my thumb can even wiggle a hole into it. Is there any way I can get around this problem without suing the *&$% out of the contractor? Thank you for your time.

BTW, he told me he used the hot stuff and rolled it. Unfortunately I wasn't around when it was done.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-10, 06:33 AM
Temporarily Suspended
Did he give you a reason as to why the soft spots exist? Tell him that you are giving him a chance to correct the problem.

Old 06-22-10, 07:21 AM
Yeah, done that, but to no avail. He came back a second time and did "try", but he ended up rushing it because it rained later on that day. Now he tells me there's nothing we can do about it. I just want to get some opinions as to weather this can be salvageable.

Old 06-22-10, 05:14 PM
Temporarily Suspended
The best thing to do is call someone else for a second opinion. You might be better off with someone who does actual road work.

In the meantime, file a complaint with the dept of consumer affairs & ask if other complaints exist.

Old 06-24-10, 04:59 AM
1st, what KIND of roller - hand, vibratory, hydraulic ? a NEW driveway OR a newly topped existing 1 ?,,, guess no pictures of his men/equipment, right ? either extremely loose compaction OR, more'n likely, cool 'top from sitting in the truck too long,,, think you'll have to sue however i'd get the plant that supplied the mix involved, too.

tell us he's not paid yet, right ?

Old 06-24-10, 08:38 AM
He probably didn't compact the asphalt enough.you need to compact in two or three layers instead of one tick one.if you want a good job you need someone who does road work.