Ideas on backyard sidewalk/path

Old 07-06-10, 04:22 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Ideas on backyard sidewalk/path

I created a path from my deck using the black plastic edging and pea gravel. However, the pea gravel is not as comfortable to walk on as I had hoped. Considering adding a binding agent and solidifying the pea gravel. Is there a clear resin available that I could just add to the path, mix in water and smooth out? Any other ideas/thoughts?

Old 07-06-10, 05:20 AM
R
You might look through various info at this website Intro Letter.

They developed a liquid product to address commercial problems associated w/ converting loose gravel pathways to wheelchair friendly, and be ADA compliant.

I’m not familiar w/ this product . . . you might want to call Klingstone Paths for technical questions or call a few organizations they list to verify customer satisfaction.

I found this by searching “pea rock binder” . . . lots of info should you choose to do that search.

A common complaint found at another forum . . . loose footing as you’re experiencing and weed maintenance. I was thinking of sand to overcome loose footing problem but it would not resolve high maintenance issue.

Old 07-06-10, 06:01 AM
B
Thanks for the feedback Rob. I was also considering adding sand tot he pea gravel . I installed weed block under the pea gravel so weeds should not be a major issue. I will look into the Intro Letter. Thanks again!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: