removing marker from brick

Old 05-31-00, 09:44 AM
Visiting Guest
any idea how to remove indelible fat-tipped green marker (traces of a child...) from a medium beige brick fireplace? no sealer is on the brick, to my knowledge.

thanks,
jo-anne

Old 05-31-00, 03:36 PM
Visiting Guest
well while your at the store gettin the stuff for other project..lol get some premixed acid,this would work well but might be a little strong for someone who is not familiar with it,so be real careful.I would ask the guys at the store what they have,also if its not sealed you might be able to scrap it off with a puddy knife, chisel,steel wool,I would probably try scrappin with a wire brush a good hard sponge, and water 1st though

[This message has been edited by bronc25 (edited May 31, 2000).]

Old 06-01-00, 12:30 AM
Visiting Guest
Use naphtha or acetone instead of acid. Using acid on lighter units may cause an acid burn, which is undoable. Apply the naphtha then blot (do not rub) the surface. If necessary either make a poultice of whiting and naphtha or purchase a ready made poultice (for stone) and apply to the stain. Hold the poultice in place with plastic and tape,then punch a couple of holes in the plastic and wait until the poultice dries.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: