Front step is ugly concrete slab w/uneven steps.

Old 09-03-10, 09:16 AM
O
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Front step is ugly concrete slab w/uneven steps.

Hi all.

I'm hoping you can give me some ideas of what to do with my front step. As you can see, it's uneven and although we had it patched when we moved in, it's falling apart again.

Please no comments on the sad state of my flowers. I hired a teenager to water them while on vacation and she obviously didn't.

Old 09-03-10, 09:54 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,267 Upvotes on 1,207 Posts
I think your uneven problem could be solved by putting something over the landing and first step, like some kind of stone (but not the sidewalk)

However, I don't know about the condition of the concrete and whether it's going to hold up well enough - sometimes you need to rip out and start over but I can't tell whether you're there

Old 09-03-10, 10:10 AM
W
Received 16 Upvotes on 13 Posts
It's tough to tell from the picture what the problem is. Are the steps cracked or damaged? What kind of patch job was done?
There are concrete patches and resurfacers that would fix what I see as long as the steps are stable. You can also stain the steps if you are bored with the color.

Can you post some better pics?

Incidentally, my potted flowers are in the same sad shape. Everything in the ground is doing well, but the recent hot weather was tough on the potted plants.

Old 09-03-10, 12:04 PM
O
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your replies so far. Right now it's raining, but when it dries up, I'll take a closer picture.

When we bought the house, we had someone come in and do a tuck point on it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: