Latex-ite Super Patch Over Entire Driveway?

Old 09-20-10, 08:21 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Latex-ite Super Patch Over Entire Driveway?

I'm looking to improve the appearance of my old, damaged, uneven driveway to sell my house. A liquid driveway sealer alone won't do the trick, as there are many sunken areas, cracks, and general uneveness. I'm thinking of using Latex-ite Super Patch over the entire driveway, tamping it, and then sealing it after it cures. Does anyone here know if this would work?

Here's a link from HomeDepot.com explaining how the product is used (scroll to the last page): http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdf...2aa5d0c227.pdf

Old 09-21-10, 04:02 AM
P
It may work long enough to fool a potential buyer, but I doubt it. First off, latex modified toppings go on thin. To make them go on thicker (to fill low spots) you need to add pea gravel to the mix. This makes them difficult to "feather out" properly. Secondly, toppings will not hide cracks. The crack will usually transfer up through them within a day or two of covering. Third, the toppings are usually MUCH darker than regular concrete. It will look odd. Fourth, Latex modifieds are very sticky and hard to work. It is highly unlikely that a non-professional could get good results. It would probably look worse than the current driveway. Fifth, the Pennsylvania winters will wreak havoc on the topping and it will most likely fail and pop off. Lastly, have you figured out how many bags you'd need to do your whole driveway? My thought is that it may be almost as cheap to remove and replace instead of try to patch it. Sorry for the doomsaying, but I've worked with latex toppings a lot and I'm just trying to save you some grief.

Old 09-21-10, 04:05 AM
P
Sorry for not looking at the link first. I thought you were talking about a concrete driveway instead of asphalt. Disregard my reply as I have no experience with this product or asphalt in general.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: