dog pee on concrete

Old 08-09-00, 07:04 AM
Visiting Guest
Hi, My wife has a small dog that poops and pees daily on the concrete patio out back. It smells real bad especially when it gets hot. I have been rinsing it off a lot but I think I need to clean it somehow and seal it. any helpful ideas?Thanks.

Old 08-09-00, 08:04 PM
Visiting Guest
Wink

You are right in assuming that it is down in the concrete if it has never been sealed. Go to your local pet store. They will have a digestive enzyme cleaner, Eliminator is one, that is designed to go after the stain and actually neutralizes odor. These enzyme cleaners are not widely available so many people don't know about them but the pet stores do.

Some of these products require up to 24 hrs. to work, Eliminator is a couple of hrs. I know that Eliminator is available from www.cleanreport.com but it or similar will be available at the pet store. NOTE: This is one place where you don't want to go for the cheapest.

Once cleaned you will need to then use an etching acid cleaner on the concrete then seal. That will keep any further "oopses" from getting down into the concrete and make it quite easy to clean up.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: