concrete sealer

Old 08-06-00, 07:13 AM
Visiting Guest
My walk in front of my house was installed about three years ago. I dont think the contractor used any sealer. Can I still put one on, and what kind do you recomend. Thanks

Old 08-06-00, 08:57 PM
Visiting Guest
Wink

Go to your local name brand paint store. You will need an etching acid cleaner for prepping concrete for sealing. Follow up with the sealer. They will have both. You can also get from janitorial supply stores.

Old 08-20-00, 06:16 PM
Visiting Guest
The problem with most retail concrete sealants is that they tend to wear off with time...especially in high traffic areas.

There are products which will seal and protect your concrete internally. I'd recommend using EverCrete DPS. It's an alkali activated penetrating sealer, which is non-toxic, odorless and extremely easy to apply. The only prep-work would be cleaning off the concrete with a garden hose. The other huge advantage is that you only need to do it once. It won't wear off because it's literally inside the concrete.

It'll not only seal the concrete, but also increase the strength by 10-20% and prevent the surface from dusting.

If you want more information, check out: http://www.TeamEverCrete.com/dpsinformation.htm

Hope this helps.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: