Haze on my deck

Old 01-11-11, 11:24 AM
M
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Haze on my deck

Last few weeks I have been doing a lot of concrete backfilling of walls and slabs. Overall that went well and I learned a few valuable lessons.

My outside deck has these red/brown color chicago brick paver tiles. During the concrete project we mixed concrete, carried concrete in and out with wheel barrows, and we washed our concrete tools near a planting bed by the deck.

Now one area of the deck has a "haze", looks like when we mixed the concrete or we cleaned tools with a garden hose, the diluted concrete water "slurry?" coated over these bricks. I just assumed I can wash those off with a hose, but they didn't come out.

Then I used a metal wire brush to brush one tile, and that only restore a little bit of the color, but not all.

Is it possible the concrete slurry has soaked into the semi-porous paver tiles and even with a pressure washer I would have a hard time getting them back to where they were?

Old 01-11-11, 03:17 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I'd try a pressure washer first. A gas powered one of at least 3,000 psi. An electric one won't do it at all.
If the washer doesn't work, you'll probably need to get some brick cleaner or even muriatic acid (dilute it) to scrub the stuff off. Good luck.

Old 01-12-11, 04:11 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Follow Pecos instructions and through the wire brush away! Use a deck or wash down brush and lots and lots of water around any planting.

Old 01-12-11, 07:08 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Most of the "Chicago brick" can be very soft, so you will have to be careful with power washing. - At least is rustic brick and variable color in the first place.

Dick

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: