Concrete with Pea Gravel Finish

Old 04-19-11, 07:55 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Concrete with Pea Gravel Finish

I'm converting my carport (25x23) into a garage and want to change the existing floor. It's concrete with a pea gravel finish and is about 7" below the grade of the house. I want to make it smooth, but still be able to have it support jack stands, and ramps for the occasional oil change etc.. Here are my options, as I see it, with one question:

- Pour a new 3 1/2" pad. It will require about 7 yards. Could I pour a 2" pad over the existing pad?
- Leave it as is. I don't really want to do this option
- Is there something to pour over the pea gravel which self levels, but will still have good strength?

Thanks

Old 04-19-11, 09:11 AM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I'll bet that the pea-gravel concrete looks great.
You,IMO, do not want a smooth finish on the floor, why not use as is ?
A carport is good, a garage better, but the floor is much the same.. How is it performing now ?

Old 04-19-11, 03:09 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,107 Upvotes on 1,886 Posts
I would love to have exposed pea gravel on my driveway instead of plain concrete. I can see why you might want smooth for ease of cleaning, though I think it's a crime to cover pea gravel. There are some products on the Quickrete website that look like they would do what you want. I would contact their customer service to insure you pick the correct product.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: