Driveway extension

Old 06-14-11, 12:24 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Driveway extension

On the side of my driveway I have a small section of grass and dirt, that i would llike to convert into an extension of my driveway, so i can park a car there, There is a low spot and a puddle/mud forms everytime there is rain. It doesn't have a by tar, but what can i do to make this into a small parking place???
I plan on bordering it with a piece of "PT' timber.
Thanks
Barry

Old 06-14-11, 01:15 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
I'm not sure what you want you can dig it out as needed, form it out and pour concrete. Or put in a gravel bed and have asphalt laid over it. Or just fill it in with gravel. Could you be a little more specific? maybe show us a pic or two?

Old 06-14-11, 04:12 PM
P
I agree. More info needed. What is a "by tar"?

Old 06-14-11, 05:12 PM
yeah, I don't want to pour concrete, nothing fancy...just wanna do a gravel type of thing, or a gravel asphalt mixture that will hold.
What type of gravel should I use, and what should I put down first..and so on..
I have a gravel/sand pit right across the street from my house..just gotta know what to ask for.
Thanks
Barry

Old 06-14-11, 07:10 PM
D
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
It can be any gravel you want. They have all kinds. Go see what they have and pick one that you like.

Old 06-15-11, 03:52 AM
P
You don't want gravel, you want crushed stone. Gravel has rounded edges and will not compact well. Your wheels could spin and dig in. I learned this lesson the hard way. Stone locks together and makes a good base.
I once put decorative gravel in a driveway at a homeowner's request. He picked out some beautiful stuff, but his tires would sink in like they would on sand.

Old 06-15-11, 04:33 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
Something like crusher run would stick together real well. The only down side is all the stone dust will track onto your driveway. I assume [but don't know] that would just be a temporary issue.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: