trouble splitting Techo Bloc

Old 08-12-11, 06:18 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
trouble splitting Techo Bloc

I am building a retaining wall using Techo Bloc Semma blocks. Each row on the pallet has two 'corner' blocks that are solid on one side and need to be split accordingly. The do not have split grooves. I am trying to split these by hand using 3 lb hammer and 4" chisel. Looking this up on the internet, this should be a simple way to split most retaining wall block. I am having a heck of time doing it though and cannot get them to split. I need to split them, not cut them, since i want a chiseled face on the corner. Anyone ever use these Semma block before? How did you split them? Any other suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-11, 10:07 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The Kracker

Hi,

I just built a Semma wall and blue 60 pavers from Techo Bloc. To split the corners, I rented a Kracker device. You line up the block with the blade and then use a pump that eventually creates enough pressure to split the block with the rough face that you are looking for. Here is the site for the Kracker. The KrackerŪ by Hulton Tool Company. Don't know if you are building steps either, but we used the Semma Corner peices instead of splitting the corners. It was A LOT easier and not much more money.