Options to repair concrete patio

Old 09-04-11, 10:59 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Options to repair concrete patio

Hi all,

I've got a concrete patio (shown in picture) and need some advice. It's roughly 14' x 14'. The original contractor slab is right off the glass slider, and the rest of the patio was poured around it, to make it bigger. Part of the bigger slab cracked, which you can see about 3' from the left of the patio. There's another large crack as part of that settling, and the original slab isn't quite even with the new slab. BTW, the whole thing is about 40 years old.

Patio | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

So the surface is uneven and cracked. I'm looking for some low cost ideas to spiff this up - ideally without breaking it all up and starting over. For example, I was looking at re-coating and leveling compounds, overlaying with pavers, ezytiles (a bit pricy though), and even indoor / outdoor carpet

Is it possible to repair the cracks and somehow paint / re-coat this so it actually looks good? Or am I wasting my time on a low cost solution?

Thanks for any advice.

-Jim

Old 09-04-11, 05:50 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
If the screen door will still open, you can use the pavers. Forget about paint & forget about carpet. If the pavers won't fit, cut out the damage sections & pour new cement.

Old 09-05-11, 03:55 AM
J
I think I can squeeze pavers on there - just barely. I was concerned about keeping them flat over the bumps, but i suppose some sand would help smooth that out.

I'll look into that as an option. Thanks for the reply.

-Jim

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: