water seeping into lower level of a bi level house

Old 09-07-11, 08:09 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
water seeping into lower level of a bi level house

I have a bi-level house, lower level is a slab floor. Most of the exterior grade is even with the interior slab and pitches away from the house. The front of the house has a two foot higher grade then the interior slab. When ever I get heavy rain, say for the day, water starts to seep in where the lower slab meets the concrete block wall in front where the grade is higher. I surmise that the ground becomes saturated and water pushes in through hydrostatic pressure. What is my best solution to solve this problem? Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-11, 07:24 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
black foundation sealer

I had the same problem. I had a contractor waterproof my outside wall. He and his crew dug a trench around my house where the dirt was in contact with the foundation. He painted black waterproofing stuff on the foundation from the bottom of the foundation to just below the soil level. The reason to stop just below the soil level is because you don't want to see the black stuff on your foundation. This solved the problem. I think that almost all new houses that have a foundation below ground level use this black foundation sealer. Google "black foundation sealer".