replumb: approved way to bring main water supply up to attic and into house?

Old 11-11-11, 10:41 AM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
replumb: approved way to bring main water supply up to attic and into house?

my apologies for posting this in multiple forums, but my question involves concrete block walls as much as it does plumbing. haven't received a helpful answer yet.

i'm replumbing a house with 25y/o leaky copper pipes with PEX-a. on the plumbing side, i've reviewed the 2009 IPC and i think i'm all set. two questions remain that more to do with structural considerations:

(1) what are approved methods of bringing the 3/4" PVC water main up to the attic? along the wall with clamps? is it necessary to run the pipe vertically through the concrete block exterior wall?

(2) what are the approved methods of running about (20) 1/2" PEX lines from the wall-mounted central manifold up to the attic? i can't imagine that i can just drill 20 holes through the drywall ceiling or that i can just leave a big 'ol open slot along the wall/ceiling corner, or can i?

anybody have photos of how you did it? can anybody point me to the relevant sections of either the 2009 IPC or the IRC (or other code spec) that addresses these issues?

thanks in advance

Old 11-12-11, 03:37 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
It sounds like you are doing alot of work for nothing, unless the house is gutted. In any event, you certainly aren't going to run it through the concrete wall. I would run it along side the main drain.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: