Drilling cinder blocks

Old 01-25-12, 05:38 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Drilling cinder blocks

About two years ago, I had a vapor barrier installed in my crawl space. *The installers brought the plastic up the side of the crawlspace wall about two feet and affixed it with a button dart. *They used
something like a staple or nail gun to shoot the dart into my cinder blocks around the perimeter of the crawl space. *Now we have to
temporarily remove the plastic, treat the house with termidor, then replace the plastic. *I'm worried that the strength of the
cinderblocks will be compromised if we use the darts again to hang the plastic. *How strong are the blocks? *The pest control guys also want to drill into my block walls. *How much of this can my blocks take?

Old 01-25-12, 07:23 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Those blocks will be fine

Your blocks will be just fine. It does not take all that many anchors for visquine. Most of the drilled anchors are no more than 1/4" in thickness. Blocks are especially sound with the weight on it and bedded in mortar joints. Having said this I don't see why many anchors are needed anyway. Can't the visquine be tacked across the top to plate below joists?

bs5

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: