How to disguise the old concrete ramp after converting a garage?

Old 05-25-12, 08:23 AM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
How to disguise the old concrete ramp after converting a garage?

I purchased a small ranch last year which at one time had a one car garage, which the previous owner converted to living space. The door was removed and a new wall built with a single window in it. However, the old concrete ramp is still in place, making it blatantly obvious: "I used to be a garage". The ramp has a good 30 degree slope to it. I am looking for suggestions to dress this up.
I was thinking I might turn it into a planter... Can I pour more concrete directly on the slope to make it level and then face it with stone veneer? Any other ideas??

Old 05-25-12, 09:17 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Without seeing it, I would tear it out and have an open pallet to design the landscaping/hardscaping that show it never had a driveway. DIY concrete retaining wall systems can help provide access that fit into your final plan.

Dick

Old 05-25-12, 01:00 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 821 Upvotes on 720 Posts
Ya, I think I'd remove it too. Is the apron connected to the rest of the driveway? If it is, rent a concrete saw and cut the concrete [use a 2x4 to help you cut a straight line] so you'll have a straight line when you remove the apron.

btw - welcome to the forums!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: