Paver installation

Old 07-11-12, 01:41 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Paver installation

OK, I've found it. The easiest way for you paver installers to get'r done. Call BR549.

Attachment 1798

Old 07-11-12, 01:58 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,267 Upvotes on 1,207 Posts
I'm speechless

That's fantastic

Old 07-11-12, 02:40 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I think this is in either Belgium or Germany, where pavers are very common. With this piece of equipment the pavers just dumped into the hopper and the machine is programmed to create many different patterns for the types of paver sizes and shapes available in the country. I have heard some of the machines can be programmed for variable width and curved surfaces to minimize fitting and hammer cutting. These are limited to pavers that are made with no chamfer on the top edges.

Another method is the manufacture of pavers in different patterns and sizes and they are delivered in layers on an about 1 meter square layer. Each layer is picked up by a setting machine and placed on the setting bed.

The international market has learned long ago that planning and product handling/logistics is the key to insure a quality, strength and economical pavement.

It is a contrast with some other international market areas where wide open areas of 10-40 acres are paved on industrial sites (ship unloading or storage facilities using straddle loaders after the pavement is vibrated and finished) where the pavers are hand-set (very quickly) and it requires 4 or 5 laborers to supply pavers fast enough for a good setter.

In all situations the base preparation is key (just as it is for any heavy duty concrete or asphalt pavement installation) and after that it is just handling and logistics even for 20-30,000 equipment wheel or axle loads.

Dick

Old 07-19-12, 12:44 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Wow! literally speechless

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: