New front steps

Old 08-06-12, 10:45 AM
New front steps

Hi all

I'm getting ready to rebuild my fathers front steps. What is the best type of concrete to use for this?

Thank you

Kb

Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-12, 01:23 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes Received: 2
Do you know how to form up steps? Have you poured a footer yet? Lot of knowledge goes into "building" steps aside from just pouring concrete. How about posting a couple of pictures of what you will be working with so we can give better insight. http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...your-post.html

Old 08-06-12, 02:32 PM
If the volume of concrete needed is more than a few yards, you'd do best by ordering ready-mix from a concrete supplier, as opposed to batching your own concrete using prepackaged bags. Doing so will save you a ton of work, and will result in a uniform product that performs well. I'd order at least a 3000 PSI mix with 3/4" maximum rock and 7% entrained air.

Old 08-07-12, 05:16 AM
Upvotes Received: 3
Depending on what you are working with, I would suggest getting ready-mix concrete.
Are you going solid concrete or forming out some air space to save on concrete?

Although probably overkill, if it was me, forming stairs with an opening under them, I would add a bit of rebar and fiberglass in the concrete. The fiberglass is probably overkill, but I love using it in my concrete.