Versa-Lok Retaining Wall Question

Old 08-16-12, 12:59 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Versa-Lok Retaining Wall Question

Hi. We recently had stone retaining walls replaced with Versa-Lok walls. A few days later a car apparently ran into one of the walls. The top part of the wall was knocked out of alignment and one of the blocks was pushed onto the driveway and chipped. We put it back but noticed that there seemed to be no adhesive securing the cap units to the walls. If they had been secured with adhesive, I don't think a block would have been knocked completely off the wall like that. Is it common practice to just lay the cap units on top of the wall without securing them? Everything that I read online says that they should be secured. I need to get our contractor to come back and replace the chipped block, so I would like to get him to secure the cap units at that time if this should be done. Thanks.

Old 08-16-12, 02:50 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,262 Upvotes on 1,203 Posts
The blocks are loose but the cap stones should be adhered.

Old 08-16-12, 04:07 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Usually a good dab of silicone on each corner is good and allows the wall to move very slightly with the weather and moisture. If you decide to make modifications it can be cut free with a thin, shard knife.

Dick

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: