kennel design

Old 01-26-01, 08:54 AM
Visiting Guest
Exclamation

i am doing a kennel design project at college. it consists of designing a small scale kennels with a building with facilities such as kitchen , grooming parlour, teaching ares, bathroom and toilet. i am supposed to make a list of the materials i would need and estimates of their costs. Apart from the obvious bricks, cement roof tiles etc, i havent got a clue where to start. Please can you help.... what sorts of things are needed when planning a building similar to this?

Many thanks,

confused student!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-01, 12:16 AM
Since occupancy and cost are lacking the assignment becomes more of a thinking, apply what you know, stretch your brain exercise than an solution to set criteria.

Visit a local groomer or veterinary clinic or supply house. Ask for a tour, take note of cages, grooming stations, grooming sinks, tables, animal scales, equipment, lighting, storage, division of spaces, and surface types. Think about the most effective ways to deliver lessons, space requirements, and methods to combine spaces. The kitchen will be a class A if used for general meal preparation and must be handicap accessible. Don't forget handicap access for other areas or the traffic pattern.

Stuck? Redefine a house into a commercial building given the use.