Concrete leveling for uneven sidewalk?

Old 12-19-12, 07:22 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Concrete leveling for uneven sidewalk?

Does anyone have experience with using concrete leveling for uneven sidewalk panels? I've got 2-3 sections of sidewalk that are heaved and uneven and if I get a mason to replace them the concrete will be a different shade. I'm wondering if leveling would work well instead and how the cost compares. I've had a mason estimate $575 to break out, level and replace two sidewalk panels.

I've seen adds on the Web for a concrete leveling (franchise) company and there's a branch in my town. Thanks,..

Old 12-19-12, 08:10 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
If they are not level due to roots from trees, sometimes you can lift them all in one section, cut the roots & put them back.

Old 12-19-12, 09:31 PM
L
Good thought...

Thanks Pulpo, I thought it was heaved ground from freeze/thaw but you've got a good point and I'll check for roots. There aren't any trees nearby but there's a 15 ft holly "bush" that's about 20 feet away...maybe it's got some big roots.

Old 12-21-12, 01:42 AM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
What you call "concrete leveling" (we normally call it mud-jacking) is a very effective method of raising sunken sections of concrete. It typically will cost less than half the cost of new, if existing removal costs are added into the equation. The small, circular (filled) access holes won't cure out the same color as your slabs, but are usually small and infrequent enough to barely be noticeable.

Old 12-21-12, 07:45 AM
Q
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
If the surface is not too heaved you might try "Top and Bond" sold at HD

Old 12-21-12, 10:28 AM
L
Thanks all!

Thank you, I'll let you know what I end up doing.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: