Repairing bubbled paint on cement wall

Old 05-25-13, 03:52 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Red face Repairing bubbled paint on cement wall

Hello,
I would like to know the proper steps in re-pairing a cement wall whose paint has bubbled. This is a rather small area which is a base holding a wooden décor fence between carport and outside area. It gets a lot of moisture. I have gotten a little more than half of the paint off and the rest seems tightly adhered. Can I move forward with only half the paint removed after hand sanding? I have a sealer---what is a primer paint that I see should be going on before the paint? Is it a special kind of paint or can I simply use two coats of the regular paint after sealing? Thank anyone for their advice. Jeany

Old 05-25-13, 07:08 PM
J
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
If there's moisture paints not going to stay stuck to the wall.
Got a picture so we can see where this moisture may be coming from?

Basement How-To's - Sherwin-Williams

Old 05-26-13, 04:34 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 720 Upvotes on 631 Posts
What kind of sealer do you have? A product like Drylok would be best for the bare masonry but even then I wouldn't garuntee it. For a paint job to hold up on a retaining wall the backside needs to be sealed and have a drain system in place. Otherwise, sooner or later, water will migrate thru the wall lifting the paint.

Old 05-30-13, 03:05 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
And just to clarify--your wall is probably concrete, not cement. Cement (actually, Portland cement) is a fluffy, gray powder, that by itself has no strength. It is one of the key ingredients of concrete, and which hydrates with water and other ingredients to give concrete its strength.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: