bulkhead for crawlspace foundation on addition?

Old 06-09-13, 08:01 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
bulkhead for crawlspace foundation on addition?

Im working on my addition plans and its an 18X18' addition to my existing house -- there will be a conditioned crawlspace with 54" of room beneath the floor joists above that i plan on using for storage. there will be access from the existing foundation for mechanicals etc but I feel like a bulkhead to the outside would be a good idea too given the plan for storage. would love to hear thoughts/best practices on this? thanks very much as always!

Old 06-09-13, 07:34 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Local code rules on that one. That job is too big not to submit plans to the building dept.

Old 06-10-13, 09:37 AM
G
thanks will check with the inspector. and definitely on the plans -- drawing them up now! the beauty (or curse!) of New Jersey is you can act as your own architect and engineer.

Old 06-10-13, 08:41 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
I didn't know that one could be his own architect. It sounds good to me.

Old 06-11-13, 01:50 PM
G
yeah its great actually. I've been in this house for 20 years and built a garage, shed, 3 new porches -- one enclosed, and done all the drawing and most of the work. on this latest which is the biggest thing I've tackled, I did the drawings and represented myself in front of the zoning board which was fun. Some folks told me I was crazy to not hire a lawyer, others said its a big mistake to because they are much tougher when they see one. i guess they were right. but I have to say, this kind of help was not available and it makes all the difference in the world to have access to this kind of experience. frankly it wouldn't be possible (or affordable) if not.

Old 06-11-13, 07:20 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
It sounds good. Go for it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: