top row of concrete block wall problem

Old 06-13-13, 11:24 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
top row of concrete block wall problem

Hello, I started building a block wall using 8x8x16 inch standard concrete blocks. This wall goes under the corner of my house with no access from the inside. However, want to put some of the house weight on this new section of wall but I'm not sure what a good way to do this might be.

I attached a diagram to give you a better idea of what I'm talking about. Basically where the dotted lines are is the corner of the house that was missing the supporting wall. The solid line indicates a solid supporting basement foundation wall. I think what they did was enclose a porch but just didn't do it even close to correct. What they had was a cemented 4x4 post in the missing corner of the house and that's it. Obviously the inner wall was supporting most, if not all of the weight.

Again, what I've done is poured a foundation and built the wall up to the top leaving room for another row and a half of block. So I have about 12" to work with. I have two 4 ton bottle jacks that i was planning to set on the wall and raising the bottom of the house about a 1/4" putting in the last rows of block and then releasing the weight back onto the block after it's dried. I'm just not sure how to do it.

Attached Images  
Old 06-13-13, 11:39 AM
J
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Need a real picture not a drawing.

Old 06-13-13, 12:33 PM
B
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Here are some pictures. Hoping to get some weight on those new blocks. They just had a 4x4 cemented into the ground in the one corner before and the whole space was covered in some painted plywood and some other stuff to help conceal it.

Attached Images    

Last edited by Brandon Sander; 06-13-13 at 01:15 PM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: