keeping 8" rod in brick

Old 02-16-01, 10:40 AM
Visiting Guest
When installing a 6' fence, I went up to my brick house. Since there was already cement down, I couldn't put the pressure treated pole into the ground. I used (2) 8"x1/2" rods to secure the pole to the brick house. The top rod is now pulling out of the brick house. Any suggestions as to what I can do to stop the rod from coming out?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-01, 08:32 PM
This is a solid brick home(?), I can't tell if you drilled into the brick or mortar or how you anchored the rod, but a simple correction is to add 2 1/2" wej-it type anchor bolts spaced equal distance between top and bottom drilled into the brick. Wej-it is a brand name of expansion anchor bolt. For 1/2" x 8" try: industrial hardware, construction supply, etc..

Depending on where and how: yank it then use a wej-it, pack with PC11 epoxy putty or equivalent, anchoring cement & don't stress it too soon or over stress it. If you attempted to straighten the 4x4 or the crown isn't parallel to the wall..."no wonder".

BTW, 4-5 3/8" eye bolts mortared into mortar joints the depth of one brick would have worked, with final tightening after 30 days.