Brand new concrete porch...now what?

Old 10-13-13, 05:42 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Brand new concrete porch...now what?

Major investment in our home was pouring a 25'x14' concrete porch. The finish is perfect and exceptionally smooth. Wife likes the concrete gray as is; what can we do to seal it to protect it from spills (maybe greasy food..?) and maybe enhance it's gray color without making it slick as owl ****? She likes stains, but only gray and not straight gray...she likes something that might have swirls like a marbling...? Recommendations?

Old 10-13-13, 06:36 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
I think that those sealers kill the concrete. I would leave it alone.

Old 10-14-13, 03:57 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
Stains don't generally make the concrete slick but most other coatings will. I'm partial to the H&C brand of concrete stains ..... but they are solid color only. The concrete needs to cure before any coating including stain is applied.

Old 10-14-13, 04:39 AM
A
It isn't that I thought food stains would make it slick...it's that I want to protect it from food spill stains, etc...it will be an area on which we entertain. I was told by the contractor that an acrylic sealer gets really slick when wet....hell, I expected that. Thanks, marksr.....I'll do more research into how a gray stain can be applied. --Bryant

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: