Exterior Wall Repair

Old 10-27-13, 03:38 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Exterior Wall Repair

Hi all, had a question about repairing holes in the exterior wall of my house. Just came home today and found the holes . I'm not sure how how it got there or who did it. I can do odd jobs around the house but I haven't a clue about how to start to fix the (stucco?) wall. Can someone give me some pointers?

The damage is basically 3-4 dents/holes + damage along one of the corner edges (pictures attached). I'm not sure how to match the texture and color of the original.

Thanks for the help.
Eric

Attached Images     
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-13, 05:29 PM
Group Moderator
Received 298 Votes on 271 Posts
I can't say with 100% certainty, but it looks like EIFS... (Dryvit is the brand name of one type of EIFS system that consists of either a spray-on "stucco" or a trowelled on stucco that is applied over a foam base. Yours appears to be sprayed on.) Used in a lot of housing in the west cuz its cheap. Pretty difficult to repair yourself, it's hard to match the color and texture even if you're a pro in the business.

IMO, I would call a stucco company that does dryvit and get an estimate. Not something I'd attempt myself. The repair will involve repairing the dent, getting it smooth, then getting the right mix, the right texture, and blowing it on with a hopper and spray gun. Even then the color probably won't match.

Old 10-27-13, 06:47 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the advice. Yea, I'm located in California. It's a newly built home about a year old. I'll contact a stucco contractor tomorrow for some quotes. Hopefully it won't be too expensive.

Old 10-28-13, 04:49 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 166 Votes on 147 Posts
Worst case scenario - get the stucco repaired and then paint that wall to make it match.
Whenever hiring a contractor it's best to get multiple quotes and check references!!
btw - welcome to the forums!