Water Leaking Up Through Garage Floor?

Old 12-20-13, 07:13 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Water Leaking Up Through Garage Floor?

I have a 7 year old house in Arizona. It hardly ever rains. When it does rain I get water in my garage, pooing in the expansion joints. I have watched this carefully. I can't find any path for the water coming into the garage and filling up the expansion joints. In fact, this expansion joint is 8 feet up towards the house and away from the garage door.

I am worried there is water pooling under the slab?

My house is build on a post tension slab. The garage floor is seperate from the slab.

Its a two car attached to house.

Thank you Sincerly for any insight...

Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-13, 03:52 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
it sounds as if its ' hydrostatic ' pressure & here's how it works,,, it rains & the ground becomes saturated,,, since wtr seeks its own level, it will find any crk ( jnt ) thru which it can accomplish that,,, ergo, wtr comes up thru the jnt as a ' static ' condition/result of excessive rain.

IF it rises above the rainfall's level, it would be more properly described as ' hydraulic ' meaning the wtr can't seek its own level & is forced dynamically to seek relief.

you may resolve this issue by regrading or installing a french drain about the garage's perimeter leading to a dry well.