Basement floor


Old 02-28-01, 07:49 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

I am in the process of finishing off my basement. I have a question pertaining to a 2-3 inch gap around the perimeter of the basement area. What is this for? Can I fill it in? I worked construction for 7 years when I was younger but never saw anything like it before. My wife says it is for drainage. I am not sure she knows what she is talking about. I would appreciate any and all help with this.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-01, 06:19 PM
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 1,018
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Your wife may be right. It may be a rendition of an interior perimeter drain (french drain) minus grating.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: