Adhesive for clay bricks - landscape application

Old 03-10-14, 04:28 PM
M
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Adhesive for clay bricks - landscape application

I bought a number of "half" clay bricks. They are reclaimed bricks cut in half longitudinally, about 2"x2"x6" long. Some of the bricks have old gas company name stamped on the sides.

I will be using these bricks as a landscape edging to delineate between grass lawn and a planting bed. The bricks will only be stacked two (at most three) high.

I made a 3" wide trench along the border, only an inch deep, compacted the bottom with a 2x4, wet it down, then I mixed some cement mix and pour that into the narrow trench. Then I set the bottom layer of bricks into that one by one. That will secure the first row of the bricks which will be mostly invisible when the grass grow back.

Now what should I use to attach the second row and if necessary the third row? Are there any strong and effective adhesive I can use for this? Basically to keep them in place if lawn mowers hit against it, or someone kicks it or whatever.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-14, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Sure...PL and Liquid Nails brands both have adhesive specifically for brick and block. Once it sets you'll have to break the bricks to get it apart. Check your local home center or hardware store.

Old 03-11-14, 04:59 PM
M
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Thanks vic.

Looking at PL they have a landscape block adhesive that may do the job?

Loctite 10 fl.-oz. PL 500 VOC Landscape Block Adhesive

Loctite 10 fl.-oz. PL 500 VOC Landscape Block Adhesive-1683231 at The Home Depot

The question is it says in the specifications curing time is 168 hours. That is a LONGGGGGG time. Almost a week. I am in South Florida and it's going to rain and sprinklers going to run...does curing mean zero moisture penetration during that time?