How best to recognize 2 different yard levels?

Old 05-13-14, 04:48 PM
M
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
How best to recognize 2 different yard levels?

Well after enduring the worst winter in this home, we need to do some yard work to repair the snow damage but we have always had a problem with the 2 levels, the upper level at the side of the driveway is about 7 inches higher and when strangers spend some time on the upper level which is where we hang out and walk towards the driveway they sometimes forget about the lower level and the Navy Grey paint on both levels make it more difficult for them to notice the lower level.

I am thinking of painting the lower level in a different color but not so sure that will totally solve the problem? What's the best thing I can do here please?

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-14, 10:32 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Good thinking, to eliminate the tripping hazard. I would paint the sloped surface a noticeable, contrasting color--something like a bright white or even yellow.

Old 05-14-14, 06:01 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 599 Votes on 553 Posts
I think either or both together would work. Best would be to pain the lower area a different color. I'd go for something darker. Then paint the transition in yet another color. Bright, safety yellow would be the best but that might not pass the wifey aesthetics test but any thing in a contrasting color & brightness would help call attention to the hazard.