Vinyl Cement Patch color - slurry mix?

Old 06-09-14, 05:50 AM
O
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Vinyl Cement Patch color - slurry mix?

Hello,

I am looking into what i need to do some cast in place counter tops. I am looking to use quickcrete 5000 and then once curred apply a slurry type mix to fill in any holes or voids. I have seen some and had some experience where it seems that if i sift out the pea rock and try and get the finer material from the mix that even that is to big to apply to some of these holes.

I am wondering could one color and apply some of the below (vinyl cement patch mix) for the slurry application?

10 lb Vinyl Cement Patch at Menards

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-14, 02:48 PM
Received 14 Votes on 12 Posts
I would look at what you are eventually going to top coat it with to make it a surface suitable for eatable foods. Concrete will absorb liquids and you will want something that is sealed and not porous. You also have to consider color differences between what you are going to pour and what you are going to overcoat with. The vinyl patch will not match and most likely is white in color.

Old 06-10-14, 02:41 AM
S
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
why reinvent the wheel ? doug bannister already has a good conc c-top mix as does buddy rhodes,,, some of the guys use that stuff BUT they modify the mix to suit themselves ( conc additives ) + fabricate on vibrating tables,,, rhodes & bannister also have the right sealers

your choice, of course !